Business/Entrepreneur Digital Marketing: Certificate of Completion in Online Marketing
Small business owners and marketing directors must understand what’s available in the digital and social media world for marketing a business. Whether you plan to implement the strategies yourself or employ a Social Media Manager to run your campaigns, this curriculum will give you the foundation in digital marketing options. Learn what is involved in marketing campaigns, the platforms that are available, what might work best for your business, and how you can get the most from social media.
This certification is targeted to business owners, sole practitioners, marketing directors, and anyone employing the Internet and social media to bring in clients, customers and sales. In the spring CFU will launch its new Social Media Manager Certification program that will incorporate many of these classes as well as some additional practical experiences to give all the skills needed to create and run online campaigns.
It is suggested that you start with overview classes, explore the various platforms and tools, and then take the strategy classes. If you intend to implement your own marketing campaigns or manage your own website, you will want to take the hands-on computer training classes as well. A minimum of ten (10) courses is required. A Certificate of Completion in Online Marketing will be awarded to students who take least two (2) overview classes, five (5) platform or tools classes, Digital Marketing Strategy, Google Analytics, and the Hands-on Web and Social Media Marketing Lab.
Hands-on computer training classes are offered through our CompuSkills Computer Training lab are recommended to acquire skills in website development, blogging, WordPress, and more.
- Smart and Successful Websites: Understanding Online Marketing (#3590)
- Digital Marketing Overview (#1935)
- 20 Ways to Market on the Internet (#1989)
- Twitter, Blogging, and Lawsuits: Intro to Online Marketing Law (#1946)
Online Marketing Platforms and Tools
- Get to the Top of Google: Search Engine Optimization (#1988)
- Google Analytics (#1990)
- Get Your Business at the Top Local Search (#3221)
- Facebook for Business (#3733)
- Twitter Google+ & Hootsuite (#3732)
- LinkedIn 101: Create a Profile that Gets Results (#3350)
- LinkedIn 201: LinkedIn for Business Advancement (#3350)
- Digital Marketing with Pinterest (#1930)
- Mobile Marketing (#1964)
- Easy Email Marketing with Mail Chimp® (#3210)
- Easy Content Creation for Digital Marketing (#1931)
Digital Marketing Strategy (#1928) (Recommended to take after you’ve explored various platforms)
Marketing to Women Online (#1939)
CompuSkills and Hands-on classes (these are hands-on classes working at a computer and will give you concrete skills to implement your strategies):
- Hands-on Web and Social Media Marketing Lab (#3735)
- Blogging Basics: Hands-on Training (#3411)
- Intermediate Hands-On Blogging (#3412)
- Introduction to WordPress Level 1 (#3475)
- Using WordPress: Level 2, Intermediate (#3476)
- WordPress for Developers: Level 3, Advanced (#3479)
- Basics of Web Design (3432)
- Intro to HTML (#322)